Bunting manufacturers and supplies a wide range of laboratory-scale magnetic separators. These high-intensity magnetic separators are used by institutions and universities when researching applications in industries including mineral processing and recycling.
The Bunting Centre of Excellence at Redditch, UK is home to one of the world’s most complete collections of laboratory-scale magnetic separators. The technology has been developed over several decades and is purchased by globally-located research institutions, universities, mining companies and recyclers. The technology focuses on the ability to separate magnetically-susceptible materials for recovery or removal.
Research institutions and universities use the facilities at Redditch and also purchase laboratory-scale magnetic separators when investigating new mineral reserves and recycling techniques.
The range of laboratory magnetic separators are suitable for testing on:
- Dry minerals;
- Wet mineral slurries;
- Spray dried ceramics;
- Ceramic slips and glazes;
- Secondary waste materials for recycling (e.g. incineration ash, waste plastic, secondary metals, etc)
Dry Mineral Processing
- Induced Roll Magnetic Separators;
- Magnetic Disc Separators (MDS);
- Rare Earth Roll Separators;
- Electrostatic Separators
Wet Mineral Processing
- Magnetic Slide;
- Wet High Intensity Magnetic Separator;
- Electromagnetic Filter;
- Eddy Current Separator;
- Stainless Steel Magnetic Separator;
- Electrostatic Separators;
- Drum Magnets;