Reporting to: General Manager
Permanent and full time opportunity
We manufacture Europe’s largest range of Magnetic Separation and Metal Detection equipment. Due to recent growth and planned investment an exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Controller to join our team in Redditch. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience within a manufacturing/engineering environment, be comfortable and confident managing multiple projects/schedules simultaneously and have the ability to manage their time and to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
About the role
The role involves all aspects of Production Planning, Material Planning and Production Control, in a busy Fabrication and Assembly environment. Working closely with internal departments and external suppliers this role will ensure we meet customer requirements and help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our production facility. This role will also be heavily involved in the implementation of our new ERP system.
- Planning and scheduling all Production activities.
- Raising all production paperwork, insuring materials are issued and labour hours booked and jobs completed as required.
- Working with the Technical and Buying Team to ensure relevant stocks of materials and components are maintained and supplied on time.
- Agreeing delivery dates with Sales and ensuring they are met.
- Working with Purchasing and the Storeman to maintain stock levels and stock accuracy
- Maintaining a stock of agreed finished goods
- Arranging dispatch transport and Sub Contract transport.
- Continuously look to identify ways to reduce costs & improve efficiency through close liaison with production
- Develop close working relationship with the Sales team on delivery issues; Management Team on potential capacity issues; liaising with Technical, Purchasing and Production Manager
- Key Member of ERP implementation team.
- Building strong link between Sales and Production
- Engineering background, ideally with an HNC or similar in Engineering
- 2 Years Production Planning / Control Experience in a Manufacturing / Engineering Environment
- Experience of using an MRP/ERP system
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills, time management and people skills
- Can work with minimal supervision but be team orientated
- Great communicator
- Experience with the Microsoft (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Some logistic experience would be an advantage.
- An ability to travel to the company’s other facility in Hertfordshire.
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary, 20 days annual leave, plus fully paid Christmas shutdown, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, life assurance and the opportunity to progress in a growing company.
To apply for this role, please contact Lucia Murinova on
+44 (0) 1442 875081
or via email to